Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoon shortening
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut each tortilla into eight wedges; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Stir until smooth; keep warm.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Add tortilla wedges a few at a time; shake to coat. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 57 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 2, 2013
These were good and I didn't have any trouble with the powdered sugar or chocolate sticking to the tortilla but maybe next time I will follow the suggestion of lightly spraying the wedge before putting in the bag of sugar and cinnamon. Very easy to make and I'm sure these will be added to my Christmas Bake Day!
Sep 30, 2013
These tasted so good! Definitely give them a heavy coating of the butter flavored spray; and get your chocolate thin & runnier than perhaps usual and it will stick better. Also putting them somewhere to cool right after drizzling the chocolate will help make the chocolate stick even better to the powdered sugar.
May 9, 2011
I made these cookies for my son's Spanish class on Cinco de Mayo. The kids and teachers loved them. They all want the recipe. I followed the suggestion of spraying the tortilla wedges with butter spray. The powdered sugar clung perfectly to the tortillas.
May 5, 2011
Made these for Cinco de Mayo. They tasted good but the chocolate would not stick to the powdered sugar. How did Taste of Home get their chocolate to stick?
May 5, 2010
Made these last night for today (Cinco de Mayo) - I took advice from other bakers to spray with butter - worked good! Will make them again and again! Maybe for Cinco de June !! :)
Apr 18, 2010
I liked these cookies, but I sprayed them lightly with spray butter when I took them out of the oven and the sugar coated them so much better without changing the taste.
Apr 17, 2010
The cookies were delicious and fun to make.
Dec 20, 2009
These were very easy and fun to make. A very light, sweet snack. The only problem I had was that chocolate doesn't stick to powdered sugar very well! It's a nice thing to make though with leftover tortilla shells.
Sep 4, 2009
Great presentation but not the greatest on flavor. Maybe because it isn't the traditional cookie. Mine didn't coat with the sugar as well as the photo. The taste was just ok but the kids loved making and serving them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.