Mexican Crinkle Cookies with a Kick
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Gustus Vitae spicy chocolate cinnamon cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Beat in brown sugar and corn syrup until blended. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, spicy chocolate cinnamon sugar and salt; gradually beat into brown sugar mixture. Refrigerate, covered, until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar mixture. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake until set and tops are cracked, 10-12 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 158 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 30, 2019
These are delicious! Very chewy, and a very mild heat. I love the touch of cinnamon.
Oct 27, 2018
These cookies were a hit. My family doesn't usually like much heat and these cookies have the perfect amount. I'd say they were on the milder side. The Gustus Vitae spice is a nice addition.
Oct 9, 2018
Amazing!! Chocolatey, chewy and just enough spice. Spice level is not too bad. I made half the recipe with the powdered sugar/cinnamon mix, and the other half with granulated sugar/Gustus Vitae blend. My kids loved the bigger kick of heat. These are going on this years Christmas cookie plate!