Chipotle Crackle Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla until combined. Add melted chocolate. Combine flour, wheat germ, baking powder, salt and chipotle pepper. Gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place confectioners' sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 85 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 30, 2013
I LOVE cracked cookies. They look so pretty without having to do any real work. Not to mention they taste delicious! I've made this recipe a couple times with much success, but mostly I use a cake mix and doctor it with chipotle pepper. This recipe gave me the great idea!
Dec 17, 2012
10+ out 10