Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until light golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 62 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 22, 2017
these were fantastic. One of the best cookies I ever ate (husband agrees). I left them in till they were golden and I thought they were over cooked, at first, but they were wonderful. They were really crispy but also had a little softer spots inside. I made them just as written, except I didn't chop the cranberries. I got about 40 and they were normal cookie size-not huge, not small. The sweetness was perfect. As one reviewer said, they are a bit crumbly when you try to portion them out and put them on the pan. I found if I just squeezed them together and left them in a ball, more or less, that they turned out that way. I just made them yesterday and we're already talking about making another batch (and that's even with me having Christmas goodies sitting around).
Dec 13, 2017
Very good! Soft on inside, crispy outside. So, I think we all agree 60 cookies is just not going to happen. I got 40 and they were on the small side. I forgot the pecans and the cookies were still wonderful but I know pecans will be better yet, so next time! I cut the white sugar in half and omitted salt.
Dec 12, 2017
These are fabulous, but true enough, not even close to 60 cookies. They were a bit crumbly too to put together.
Nov 14, 2017
Yum. Both crispy and chewy so it's the perfect combination. I really love the extra zing the dried cranberries added. They are easy to make, but I only got 48 small cookies. I used old-fashioned oats.
Sep 19, 2017
A very good cookie. I used toasted walnuts instead of pecans, didn't have enough pecans. I'll try them next time. I just realized I forgot to chop the cranberries, l would not chop them they were great. I will make these again. Janet. VFE
Nov 10, 2016
Adding this recipe to my "healthy" desserts list to try!
Oct 9, 2016
Very easy to make and just delicious. You don't get anywhere near 60 cookies though.