Cran-Orange Oatmeal Cookies
Dried cranberries, coconut and orange makes this crisp, chewy oatmeal cookie a real standout.—Ellen Woodham-Johnson, Matteson, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange zest and extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, cranberries and coconut. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 107 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as COCO'S (Cranberry, Orange, Coconut, Oatmeal Cookies) in Taste of Home Cookbook Contest 2010/2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.