Spiced Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar blend
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar blend until well blended. Beat in the applesauce, egg and vanilla (mixture will appear curdled). Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to the butter mixture and mix well. Stir in the cranberries, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda sugar blend.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 71 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 28, 2012
I followed the recipe but left out chocolate chips. Very good for my diabetic husband that loves sweets. I used a small cookie scoop and make about 6-dozen.
Feb 22, 2012
These were very good, but I only had enough to make 36 using the tablespoon. I will leave out the mini choc.chips next time. I made some with out them and liked them better.
Aug 11, 2011
...never met a cookie I didn't like until this one.
Apr 21, 2011
These cookies are scrumptious. I usually don't look for "healthier recipes". I only had 2 1/2 cups of oats so I used that as I am not a big fan of running to the store for a single item. They were still fantastic and my husband raved about them. The only thing that I would do different is make a double batch next time!!!
Jan 27, 2011
Good cookie, but I agree the oatmeal flavor gets lost. Will cut down on the extras next time.
Apr 21, 2010
Very good low calorie cookie. Next time I might cut the amount of cranberries in half because it is a very chunky cookie and the oatmeal flavor kind of gets lost. My kids love this cookie and it was very easy for them to help me make.
Apr 4, 2009
these are excellent, I used 1/4 c regular sugar