Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons red paste food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vinegar, food coloring and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chips. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until tops are cracked and edges are set. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 166 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 10, 2020
I've made these plenty of times with cake mix - this is a little more time-consuming, but definitely worth the effort. The best "crinkle" cookie recipe - thanks for sharing!