Mexican Crinkle Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Beat in brown sugar and corn syrup until blended. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into brown sugar mixture. Refrigerate, covered, until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and remaining cinnamon. Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar mixture. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake until set and tops are cracked, 10-12 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 158 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 2, 2018
These cookies where chewy and delicious. The are easy to make and I like that the dough can be prepped ahead of time.
Feb 20, 2018
These are so soft & delicious. & I love the fact that there is no white sugar. This way I can pretend they're healthy :)
Jun 15, 2017
Made this just as the recipe is. Came out perfect. I don't think I got 2 dozen, but that's ok. There are only two of us eating them. I may have made them a little larger than Taste of Home made theirs. They are very tasty, so I am adding them to my cookie recipe binder.
Jun 7, 2017
The taste was very good, but mine came out very flat. I chilled the dough for about 3 hours. Like others, I dusted with more powdered sugar since the crinkle just wasn't there. I notice that many chocolate crinkle cookie recipes use baking powder instead of baking soda as is used in this recipe. Some say to freeze them after forming to help with the crinkle formation. I got 29 cookies.
May 5, 2017
These are wonderful! I used my 'medium' scoop (1 1/2 T.) and got 2 dozen cookies. I also needed to dust my cookies with extra powdered sugar mixture after baking to get the nice, white finish.
Apr 29, 2017
These are delicious! I used gluten free flour and didn't have to adjust any of the other ingredients. These cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. It's a perfect combination.
Apr 2, 2017
I followed the recipe as presented! The only difference is that I used the leftover sugar mixture to dip cookies in again before cooling to give that white sugar effect on the baked cookies! I taste-tested the cookies-DELICIOUS! Thank you for this recipe! I got more than just 2 dozen-I got close to 3-1/2 dozen cookies!