Cornmeal Lime Cookies
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + freezing Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Holiday sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, lime juice and zest. Combine flour and cornmeal; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two 12-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Shape each roll into a square-shaped log. Freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap logs and cut into 3/8-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 11-14 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and lime juice; spread over cookies. Decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set.
Mar 26, 2017
Tasty cookie! I didn't put lime juice in glaze, but it still had a great taste. Cookie good anytime, not just at Christmas!
Dec 20, 2012
I subbed in lemon juice and lemon zest for the lime and these were absolutely delicious. I made them for Thanksgiving day, but my family liked them so much they kept eating them before the holiday!