Cornmeal Lime Cookies
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + freezing Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Holiday sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, lime juice and zest. Combine flour and cornmeal; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two 12-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Shape each roll into a square-shaped log. Freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap logs and cut into 3/8-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 11-14 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and lime juice; spread over cookies. Decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set.
Mar 26, 2017
Tasty cookie! I didn't put lime juice in glaze, but it still had a great taste. Cookie good anytime, not just at Christmas!
Dec 20, 2012
I subbed in lemon juice and lemon zest for the lime and these were absolutely delicious. I made them for Thanksgiving day, but my family liked them so much they kept eating them before the holiday!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.