Key Lime Pie Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the first seven ingredients until blended. Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll cookie balls in confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Store cookies between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nov 20, 2019
I agree with Brianna's review. I have cooked with Key Lime juice in dough many times, including graham cracker. When I make KeyLime pie for example, I bake the crust first which has been brushed with egg white. Otherwise, the crust would be soggy. Also, the wonderful "key-limey" taste always comes out more with a substantial amount of lime zest.
Feb 9, 2019
I LOVE a soft cookie. That said, I ignored the reviews and made this as-is. And the review are right. This Was way too gooey and was lacking that wonderful tartness of the lime. But I fixed it on the next batch. I used roughly half of the can of condensed milk and doubled the juice and zest. Condensed milk isn't known for setting very well and it doesn't need this much.the next batch was thicker and much more key-limey. Hope this helps!
Dec 20, 2018
Tasty but way too gooey. I will use my other lime for a key lime cookie that gets baked!
Nov 29, 2018
They taste really good we ate them but could not serve them to guests. I got the same result as lettuceleaf, the looked like ugly little squished balls with no powdered sugar even though I powdered them a couple of times. If youc an tell me what I did wrong I would love to try them again.
Nov 25, 2018
The flavor of these is excellent but we didn’t care for the texture - kind of like cookie dough but more gooey. The powdered sugar looked pretty but hours later it had all absorbed into the ball.
Jun 17, 2018
Unfortunately mine came out too runny to roll...I added more graham cracker crumbs, however, I still couldn’t roll but the batter is tasty...they’re back in the fridge & don’t know what to do next!!! Any advice???