When I was a nurse, my coworkers and I regularly swapped recipes during lunch breaks. This creamy cheesecake was one of the best I received. —Georgiann Franklin, Canfield, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Hot Cherry Sauce, or cherry pie filling, optional
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until crust is lightly browned around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese on medium speed for 1 minute. Add sugar; beat for 1 minute. Add eggs; beat just until combined. Beat in flour and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. If desired, serve with Hot Cherry Sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 234 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Ricotta Pie in Country Woman Christmas 2006