Lemon Dream Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 10 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press onto bottom and 2 in. up sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cream, lemon juice, flour, lemon peel, extracts and food coloring if desired. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 396 calories, 29g fat (18g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
May 5, 2018
I made this cake for my dad’s birthday and it was a huge hit. I did change a few things. For the crust I used lemon shortbread cookies and I only used 1/8C of sugar. I substituted a tsp of lemon curd & 1 lemon’s worth of lemon zest for the grated lemon peel. I topped ithe finished, cooled cake with a thin layer of whipped cream, candied lemon slices & sugared blackberries. I will make this for every special occasion.
Apr 2, 2018
Hands down one of the best cheesecakes I’ve made. Easy to prepare, too. Made this for Easter and everyone loved it and wanted the recipe! I also made a topping of fruit with strawberries, blueberries and blackberries which takes it up a notch! Excellent!
Apr 1, 2018
Very easy to make and also very tasty.
Apr 1, 2018
I added Lemon Whipped Cream for the topping. Delicious!
Dec 2, 2017
First time I made this my family loved it, so here I am making it again for Christmas! This is a awesome recipe, the first time 8 made I cut all ingredients in half but choose to do the full version this round can't wait !!
Jul 11, 2017
Wonderful and easy
Apr 2, 2017
Great first cheesecake recipe, light lemon flavor, but great result.
Jun 11, 2016
I made it and what a awesome hit! Would love to show a few pictures of the process and final results :) Beautiful and will please. Not overly sweet just right. I added homemade Lemon Meringue glaze. I followed a lady's baking time and cooling tips. Came out beautiful and creamy not over lemon powered.
Mar 27, 2016
I made this cheesecake for Easter and it was absolutely delicious and very creamy! I did not make any changes to the recipe. I will make this again!
Feb 24, 2016
My wonderful-smelling cheesecake is still cooling from the oven, but if the smell and the nice looks are any indicator of flavor, we're going to really enjoy it. I did use vanilla wafers for the crust, as I didn't want to return to the store for what I didn't have. Can't wait to taste it and give half to my daughter's family.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.