Lemon Dream Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 10 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press onto bottom and 2 in. up sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cream, lemon juice, flour, lemon zest, extracts and food coloring if desired. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 396 calories, 29g fat (18g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 24, 2019
so yummy! made this for my grandmother and uncle and it was a huge success. has such a nice subtle lemon flavor. delish!
Mar 2, 2019
Easy and delicious recipe! I half the recipe, except the crust, and it works beautifully for a 9" cheesecake. Last night, after pouring 2/3 of the filling into the par baked crust - I added 2/3 of a can of raspberry pie filling to the remainder of the filling, and mixed thoroughly. I then added the raspberry lemon filling and swirled throughout. It received rave reviews at a party today! Creamy, flavorful, and delicious! Enjoy!
May 5, 2018
I made this cake for my dad’s birthday and it was a huge hit. I did change a few things. For the crust I used lemon shortbread cookies and I only used 1/8C of sugar. I substituted a tsp of lemon curd & 1 lemon’s worth of lemon zest for the grated lemon peel. I topped ithe finished, cooled cake with a thin layer of whipped cream, candied lemon slices & sugared blackberries. I will make this for every special occasion.
Apr 2, 2018
Hands down one of the best cheesecakes I’ve made. Easy to prepare, too. Made this for Easter and everyone loved it and wanted the recipe! I also made a topping of fruit with strawberries, blueberries and blackberries which takes it up a notch! Excellent!
Apr 1, 2018
Very easy to make and also very tasty.
Apr 1, 2018
I added Lemon Whipped Cream for the topping. Delicious!
Dec 2, 2017
First time I made this my family loved it, so here I am making it again for Christmas! This is a awesome recipe, the first time 8 made I cut all ingredients in half but choose to do the full version this round can't wait !!
Jul 11, 2017
Wonderful and easy
Apr 2, 2017
Great first cheesecake recipe, light lemon flavor, but great result.
Jun 11, 2016
I made it and what a awesome hit! Would love to show a few pictures of the process and final results :) Beautiful and will please. Not overly sweet just right. I added homemade Lemon Meringue glaze. I followed a lady's baking time and cooling tips. Came out beautiful and creamy not over lemon powered.