Lemon Cheesecake Squares
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, oats and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Press dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with jam.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and zest. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Carefully spoon over jam.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 262 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 8, 2017
I fixed this for Sunday dinner and it was a hit. We all liked it!!!
Sep 26, 2013
May 19, 2013
I made this for a baby shower and everyone loved it. The oatmeal crust tasted kind of plain while making it so I added a 1/4 tsp. of vanilla to the mix & that help add a bit more flavor. I also am a huge lemon lover so I too added a little extra lemon juice as well as an additional 1/2 tsp. of lemon extract. I used strawberry jam since my friend is not a big fan of raspberry. This turned out very well all the way thru thick and creamy. As a garnish I used fresh sliced strawberries & mint leaves. It looked as good as it tasted. Thank you for this great recipe.
Apr 11, 2013
Was very easy to make. I really like the flavor of lemon, so I added about another 1/8 of a cup of lemon juice. Plus 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract.
Jan 11, 2013
Delicious! A great crust, and nice lemon flavor. The jam is perfect in these squares and I wouldn't hesitate to increase the amount of it a little.
Jul 23, 2012
It was easy to make and very flavorful.
Sep 5, 2010
Oatmeal crust a nice change of pace too.
Sep 5, 2010
Added a thicker layer of jam; turned out wonderfully. Great with blueberry preserves as well. Delicious!
Jul 23, 2010
Delicious!!! Will definitely be making these again! Agree with the other reviewer about using 2/3 cup raspberry jam, it turned out great!
Jul 23, 2010
Delicious!!! Will definitely be making these again!