Rhubarb Cheesecake Squares
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix flour, oats and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, salt and spices until smooth. Add egg and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in rhubarb. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake until golden brown and filling is set, about 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate, covered, until cold, about 2 hours. Cut into squares.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 square: 216 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 28, 2019
I made these today-- didn't change a thing---delicious and a big hit !
Jul 16, 2019
I followed this recipe exactly as written, and they turned out well. I loved them! They weren't the first dessert to go off the tray at my gathering, but once people tried them, they disappeared.
Jun 9, 2019
This dessert is wonderful! I mixed strawberries and rhubarb
May 15, 2018
My family loved these bars!
Sep 24, 2014
did not like these squares. mushy and all around favour was not worth the workwill not make again
Jun 7, 2013
Everyone loved these bars. I am baking them this morning as the first batch is gone.
Jun 5, 2013
My husband loves Rhurbarb so used 3 cups instead of 1 1/2. I did have to bake it longer than 40 minutes so the crust was very chewy and hard to cut. The cheesecake part was very soft. My husband says to make it again.
Aug 7, 2012
Oh, wow, are these good!
Jun 7, 2012
seems like a too much crust and not enough cheesecake/rhubarb. maybe double the filling? I had to cook for 45 minutes and even then it could have went longer cause it was a little to mushy still.
May 16, 2012
For refreshments for my ladies group, I made 2 pans of cheesecake squares, one with rhubarb and one with blueberries. Both were hits. I froze the leftovers to enjoy another day.