Topped Cheesecake Squares
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRIES:
- 2 ounces dark chocolate candy bar
- 3 fresh strawberries
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate
- CARAMEL TOPPING:
- 6 caramels
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- BERRY TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 6 fresh raspberries
- 6 fresh blackberries
- 6 fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine crumbs and butter. Press firmly onto the bottom of an 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 2/3 cup sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and the almond extract.
- Pour over crust. Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream with remaining sugar and vanilla. Spread over filling; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- In a microwave, melt candy bar; stir until smooth. Dip strawberries in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; let stand until set. Melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Drizzle over strawberries. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, cut cheesecake into nine squares. Place chocolate strawberries on three cheesecake squares.
- For caramel topping, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels and cream. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds, stirring once. Spoon over three cheesecake squares. Top with a dollop of whipped cream; sprinkle with almonds.
- For berry topping, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine jam and berries. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds, stirring once. Spoon over remaining squares.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 26, 2014
Delicious recipe. Could not find chocolate crumbs so used Belvita crackers crumbled up which worked fine. Substituted Greek cream cheese/yoghurt blend which worked fine also. Topped with cherry compote and a little drizzle of Chambord. Lots of rave reviews. p.s. Went a little heavy on the vanilla.
Jun 6, 2011
This looks like a nice easy recipe,I love that it uses an 8 inch square pan instead of a springform pan,also I think it could be topped with lots of other things and not just limited to the three toppings shown here.