Layered Lemon Dessert Squares
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each ) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 jars (10 ounces each) lemon curd or 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- In a large bowl, mix cracker crumbs, 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Reserve half of mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in cream and extract until soft peaks form. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over crust. Gently spread lemon curd over cream cheese layer. Spread with remaining cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with reserved cracker crumb mixture. Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Freeze option: After assembling; cover and freeze dessert. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 676 calories, 42g fat (25g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (56g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 25, 2019
It received rave reviews. My only complaint is that the squares collapsed and didn't look pretty. It makes about 50% more crust/topping than needed.
May 15, 2018
Actually, I want to ask a question about ingredients. Is 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon correct? That seems like a lot.
Sep 4, 2017
Easy to make and loved by all. Even the smallest kids were asking for more. Always leary trying new things but it was a definate hit!!
Apr 24, 2017
I used ginger snaps instead of graham crackers. Brown sugar instead of granulated white sugar, but, only 1/2 as much sugar as called for in recipe. Added I tsp ground cloves to the spice mixture. DELICIOUS and easy, no baking required. I am glad I found this recipe!