Fluffy Lemon Squares
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 pint lemon sherbet, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, pecans and butter; set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 11x7-in. dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add pudding mix; beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Add sherbet; beat on low for 1 minute or until soft-set. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Chill for 1 hour or until set. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 285 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 2, 2017
The lemon flavor comes through here. The bars turned out perfect and taste wonderful!! Great squares!!
Mar 4, 2015
You can get Hagen Daz Lemon Sorbet at Target Stores. I made these for work and they are so yummy...
Mar 4, 2015
I also couldn't find lemon sherbet on the day I was making this, so I subsituted lime sherbet and changed one of the gelatins to lime, and voila, we had lemon-lime squares. They were delicious!
Mar 3, 2015
Sep 6, 2012
Where do you get lemon sherbet? I looked everywhere for it. I could only find lemon sorbet.
Jun 19, 2011
These are RICH in lemon! The crust is awesome though.
Mar 19, 2010
I made this awhile ago and it was scrumptious. Both myself and my husband enjoyed it very much! Definitely a keeper!