Fluffy Cranberry Delight
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, bring the cranberries, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until berries burst. Strain through a food mill or sieve into a large bowl.
- Stir in the gelatin, lemon juice and orange juice. Cool until mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- In a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into cranberry mixture. Chill until set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 273 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 15, 2018
Can I use my dried cranberries
Mar 5, 2018
Apparently I have done something wrong as I ended up with cranberries in the colander but no juice. I am assuming that it is only the juice that is mixed with the rest of the ingredients. Have I cooked the berries too long?
Nov 15, 2017
Mindy you'll want to use a wooden spoon or spatula to press as much pulp out of the berries as you can, then discard what's left in the strainer.
Nov 15, 2017
What do you do with the Cranberries? I will have to use a colander.
Nov 10, 2017
I have not made this recipe, but I grew up with this delicious Thanksgiving "salad" because my aunt made it every year! I have her recipe so I know it's the same one! Don't change a thing as it's perfect as it is. To corkyy11, you might want to try a colander. That's what I use & it works fine.
Oct 30, 2017
Is there an alternative for food mill or sieve? I don't have either one. Looking forward to your response.Thanks..... Gee
Nov 20, 2011
This is a good way to skip the out of the can cranberry sauce!