Fluffy Cranberry Mousse
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, setting the pineapple aside and adding juice to gelatin. Stir in cranberry sauce, lemon juice, zest and nutmeg. Chill until mixture thickens. Fold in sour cream, pineapple and pecans. Pour into a glass serving bowl or an oiled 9-cup mold. Chill until set, at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 150 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 29, 2017
I made this for a Christmas potluck. Everyone loved it. This recipe is a keeper.
Dec 25, 2016
This just wasn't great ??. It tasted mostly of pineapple. I might try it again and omit the pineapple juice. We couldn't taste the lemon, cranberry, or cherry jello at all!!!
Nov 30, 2014
I have been making this cranberry recipe for years. It was published in BH&G years ago. I omit the nuts and change up the jello flavor from time to time. Raspberry, cherry, and cranberry jello all taste great. My family would be horribly disappointed if I didn't make this at holiday dinners.
Nov 21, 2012
Yummy! I saw on some forums people asking if increasing strawberry to offset possible tartness was necessary. I don't think so, it's nicely balanced as is! Will make again :)
Nov 13, 2012
I have been searching for gelatin moose recipes that do NOT contain Cool Whip.here is a delightful one. wonderful mouth feel and taste.
Feb 18, 2011
very good as a dessert /salad. I used the jellied cranberry sauce and beat it into the jello mixture as the whole berry was unavailable. Good with chicken and dumplings and chicken and stuffing meals.
Nov 22, 2009
This is so light and refreshing after a holiday meal. A tradition in our family.
Nov 22, 2009
OMGosh, this salad is a "must have" on my Christmas Dinner table. So easy to prepare.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.