Favorite Cranberry Mousse
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) cranberry or raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large saucepan, bring the cranberry sauce and juice to a boil; cook and stir until smooth. Stir in the gelatin until dissolved. Cool slightly; transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold in the whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes. Chill for 3-4 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 316 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 8, 2013
fantastic and flavorfull
Nov 26, 2010
I don't care for cranberry sauce but my husband always wants something cranberry for our Thanksgiving dinner. I made this and it was is really yummy! I used cool whip instead of the whipping cream.
Nov 6, 2009
Really yummy. I used real heavy cream, and when I doubled the recipe I used one envelope raspberry and one black cherry gelatin.
Dec 22, 2008
You can substitute Cool Whip for the whipped cream. Lite works just fine. Crushed pineapple adds a little more texture.I also will put cream cheese in half of it and layer it - very yummy.
Dec 12, 2008
Hi!This sounds great... But do I really need to use HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM~ Susan
Dec 30, 2007
My husband and daughter don't care for traditional cranberry sauce, but they think this recipe is A-OK. So this is what I make every Thanksgiving, but as a side dish, not a dessert.