Favorite Cranberry Mousse
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) cranberry or raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large saucepan, bring the cranberry sauce and juice to a boil; cook and stir until smooth. Stir in the gelatin until dissolved. Cool slightly; transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold in the whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes. Chill for 3-4 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 316 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 8, 2013
fantastic and flavorfull
Nov 26, 2010
I don't care for cranberry sauce but my husband always wants something cranberry for our Thanksgiving dinner. I made this and it was is really yummy! I used cool whip instead of the whipping cream.
Nov 6, 2009
Really yummy. I used real heavy cream, and when I doubled the recipe I used one envelope raspberry and one black cherry gelatin.
Dec 22, 2008
You can substitute Cool Whip for the whipped cream. Lite works just fine. Crushed pineapple adds a little more texture.I also will put cream cheese in half of it and layer it - very yummy.
Dec 12, 2008
Hi!This sounds great... But do I really need to use HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM~ Susan
Dec 30, 2007
My husband and daughter don't care for traditional cranberry sauce, but they think this recipe is A-OK. So this is what I make every Thanksgiving, but as a side dish, not a dessert.