Strawberry Pie Mousse
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a food processor, combine strawberries and sugar; cover and process until smooth. Strain and discard seeds. Return strawberry mixture to the food processor. Add pudding mix; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl; fold in whipped topping. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 145 calories, 3g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Oct 28, 2014
Mar 4, 2014
I've made this recipe many times using blueberries, as well as strawberries. Not only do we enjoy the mousse by itself, but it also makes a wonderful filling for cake rolls and mini cream puffs. For a delicious variation, I substitute regular cheesecake pudding or french vanilla pudding for the sugar-free vanilla.
Feb 16, 2012
I looked for a good strawberry mousse recipe for years, finally one I love!! I've made it several times already.
Nov 13, 2009
I have made this several times, and my family loves it. I omit the sugar entirely--we find it too sweet otherwise. I usually don't bother straining the seeds so that it is even quicker to make. I have made it using sugar-free pudding (as directed) and using regular instant pudding instead, and it tastes great both ways.
Jun 2, 2009
My whole family loved it!
Jan 17, 2009
This is sugar FREE pudding. The boxes I buy are 1.34 oz for 4 servings.
Jun 10, 2008
I too was wondering if the 1 oz was correct. The smallest box of Jello pudding I could find was 3.4 oz. which is a 4 serving size. Just curious if others have found 1 oz boxes in the store or did they buy the 3.4oz then weight out a 1 oz portion?
May 12, 2008
Yes. Jello Sugar Free Instant Vanilla Pudding is 1 oz.
May 9, 2008
FYI inconsistency - Strawberry Mousse - top says "12 servings" - bottom says yields 8 servings. No big deal - the recipe is just great for any number
May 9, 2008
Does the recipe really only use 1 ounce of pudding mix?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.