Layered Cranberry Dessert
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cranberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry sauce and cold water until blended. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until partially set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate until set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread filling over crust.
- Fold oranges into gelatin mixture; spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; dollop with remaining whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 416 calories, 22g fat (15g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 29, 2018
Dec 27, 2016
Next time I will try this with non-whole cranberry sauce (the regular jelled kind), because the skins from the cranberries are kind of odd when you bite into one. Cranberry jello can be hard to find, but the Kraft website has a product locator--my local Walmart carried it. The crust gets gummy/sticky over time, but the taste is great and is liked by many people.
Dec 26, 2014
Dec 25, 2014
Nov 10, 2013
After Thanksgiving Dad found the leftovers in the fridge and said "who made this it's delicious" and ate up all the leftovers. We will make it for him again this year!
May 27, 2012
Nov 20, 2010
The BEST cranberry recipe ever! People who have never tried cranberries should try this - it will be loved!
Nov 30, 2008
This dessert/jello salad was outstanding! Very simple to prepare and looked so pretty when served. I will be preparing this often!
Nov 26, 2008
Took longer than 45 minutes to set up, almost double. Carefully spoon over cream cheese mixture.
Nov 23, 2008
I could not find cranberry gelatin so I used cherry. I may use more of the cranberry sauce next time. Great recipe! Thanks!