Fluffy Bunny Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Banana slices, miniature semisweet chocolate chips, whipped cream and sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat griddle over medium-high heat. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine egg, milk and melted butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- For each bunny, make a pancake 4 in. wide for the body, a pancake 2-1/2 in. wide for the head, two small oval-shaped pancakes for the feet and two small triangular pancakes for the ears. Spoon batter onto griddle; cook until bubbles form on top of pancakes. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown.
- To form bunny, place ears at the top of a plate. Place head slightly overlapping the bottom of the ears; top with body slightly overlapping head and feet slightly overlapping body. Place a banana slice on each foot; arrange mini chocolate chips at the end of each foot for toes. Dollop whipped cream on body just above the feet; sprinkle with coconut for the tail. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tips
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 1, 2018
I used a premade pancake mix to save time. These bunnies came out adorable! They made everyone in my family smile on Easter Sunday.
Mar 30, 2018
The pancake recipe is tasty, but does not work well for making shapes. As soon as I added the wet ingredients I knew the melted butter would stiffen up the batter. It was more like working with dumplings than pancakes! Follow the directions for the shapes but find another recipe for the pancake batter.