Smiley Face Pancakes
Youngsters will have as much fun making these tender and tasty treats as they do eating them. Just top with your favorite fruit or syrup.—Janette Garner, Carmel, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red, green, yellow and blue liquid or paste food coloring
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, egg, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla; mix until smooth. Place 1 tablespoon of batter each in four bowls. Color one red, one green, one yellow and one blue. Drop remaining batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle.
- To create face, paint colored batter on pancakes with a new small paintbrush. Cook until bubbles form on the top. Turn and cook until second side is golden. Serve with syrup if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 339 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 809mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Smiley Face Pancakes in Quick Cooking January/February 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.