Fluffy Baked Eggs and Bacon
When I was student teaching in Columbus, Ohio, some home economics students were always eager to share their creations with me...even their failures! This recipe was just one of their tasty successes, and it became a hit in my family.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook bacon until almost crisp; add onion. Cook until bacon is crisp and onion is tender, stirring frequently. Drain. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, baking mix, salt and pepper until almost smooth. Slowly pour over bacon and onion.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 220 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Fluffy Baked Eggs and Bacon in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook