Lemon Delight Dessert
"This sunny yellow dessert, a recipe originally from my husband's aunt, is always requested for special occasions in our family, and it's so easy to make. Count yourself lucky if there's a piece left over—it tastes even better the next day!" —Pam Holloway, Baker, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, pecans and salt. Stir in butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Top with pie filling. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 607 calories, 33g fat (17g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Cream Cheese Delight in Country Woman April/May 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.