Lemon Lime Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 14 tablespoons butter, melted ,.divided
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 quart lime sherbet, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 7 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup sugar. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; freeze until firm. In a large bowl, combine ice cream and sherbet; pour over the crust. Freeze until firm.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the eggs and remaining sugar. Stir in the lemon juice and remaining butter. Cook and stir until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Spread over ice cream mixture. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or overnight. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Just before serving, remove from the freezer and cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 401 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 12, 2012
Great summer BBQ treat. I'm looking forward to another summer season
Aug 4, 2010
So cool and refreshing. Perfect for a large summer get together and you don't even have to turn on the oven!
Apr 20, 2010
Yummy, refreshing, easy for a crowd. Everyone wanted the recipe.