Lemon Cream Delight
Indulging in Lemon Cream Delight is like eating cheesecake out of a bowl. Light and luscious, this dessert is a pleasing finish to any meal.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine egg and lemonade concentrate. Cook and stir over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°. Cool to room temperature. Stir in lemon peel and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon mixture until blended. Spoon into two dessert dishes. Refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 211 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Lemon-Cream Delight in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.