Lemon Cream Delight
Indulging in this creamy dessert is like eating cheesecake out of a bowl. Light and luscious, it's a pleasing finish to any meal. —Inge Schermerhorn, Kingston, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine egg and lemonade concentrate. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°, 8-10 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Stir in lemon peel and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon mixture until blended. Spoon into 2 dessert dishes. Refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 260 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Lemon-Cream Delight in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008