Lemon Delight Trifle
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (1 cup each)
- 3-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 package (12 to 14 ounces) lemon cream-filled sandwich cookies, crushed
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually stir in pudding until blended.
- Set aside 1/4 cup each of whipped topping and crushed cookies for garnish. Fold remaining whipped topping into pudding mixture.
- Place half of the remaining cookies in a 3-qt. glass bowl; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with reserved whipped topping and crushed cookies. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 476 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 7, 2015
I really liked this with the lemon cookies. It gave it a little crunch when you first ate it. It was a very good dessert that I will make again. Before you switch to cake when you first see the recipe try the lemon cookies, you won't be disappointed.
Apr 23, 2015
Can you use cake cubes instead of cookies. Asking because I don't understand why the recipe calls for crushed cookies. Am I missing something? I would love to hear your suggestions or responses.Thanks,Golady2
Apr 23, 2014
This is a keeper. I used the shortbread cookies instead of the lemon-filled cookies because that was all I had in the pantry. Everyone loved it!
Jun 13, 2013
This sounds wonderful, I love lemon! I've never had a trifle w/o cake in it before, I'm eager to try this one. If I were to add cake, I would make a lemon box mix, use 1/2 to 3/4 of the cake and layer - cake, vanilla waffers then pudding mix - mmmm! I'll try it first with just the lemon cookies, to be fair :)
Nov 22, 2012
Made this for Thanksgiving dinner on my husband's side. Everyone loved it. Whenever I try a new recipe and they tell me they like/love it I always ask ,"Is it worth making again?" They all said "YES"
Jul 25, 2012
This is very good and we all love it
Apr 6, 2012
This is soooo yummy and fast to put together!! I use the Lemonade Girl Scout Cookies and get raves! I have made this several times to take to pot-lucks and always come home with an empty bowl and request for the recipe
Dec 9, 2011
Made this for a summer party, its was perfect.
Dec 1, 2011
Very easy and yummy! True story: I brought this to a school potluck. A few days later in the parking lot, a man stopped me and asked if I was the mother who brought the lemon dessert. he said he LOVED it and had been trying to find the maker, so he could get the recipe too! Quite the impression!
Aug 27, 2011
A wonderful dessert for any occasion. Instead of mixing the Cool Whip in with the pudding mixture, I used it as a seperate layer - a layer of cookies, a layer of pudding mixture and a layer of cool whip. The three layers looked great in a trifle dish and still tasted great.