Strawberry Banana Trifle
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 cups cubed angel food cake
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional strawberries or banana slices, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and gelatin; stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in strawberries; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes; set aside. Toss bananas with lemon juice; drain and set aside.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a trifle bowl or 3-qt. serving bowl. Layer with half of the pudding, bananas, strawberry sauce and whipped cream. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with additional fruit if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 315 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 13, 2019
If you love banana pudding and strawberry shortcake then you will really love this!!! It is a wonderfully fresh tasting dessert!
Feb 16, 2018
Delicious, I layered it in a 9/13 pan and it was a hit
May 12, 2017
BIG hit !
May 5, 2016
I don't care for the taste of pudding, is there a substitute?
Feb 19, 2016
this is my son's most requested dessert for his birthday! Great for a crowd as it is better eaten same day as made.
Jan 16, 2016
My favorite dessert! You can't go wrong
Jul 28, 2015
Mar 24, 2015
I can't eat angle food cake. Allergies to eggs. So can you use regular cake for this? I was wondering if it would be soggy?Judy
Sep 11, 2011
This was wonderful, I made it for a Christmas morning and by Christmas evening it was gone.
Jun 15, 2011
I second everyone's thoughts about this recipe! It was quick, easy, and delicious! I did substitute the whipped cream for no-sugar Cool Whip and it was absolutely perfect. There was plenty of sugar in the fruit, cake, and pudding. I made sure to strain most of the juice from the strawberries and I also created a layer of pudding so that the juice couldn't drop down and soak the cake.