Berry, Lemon and Doughnut Hole Trifle
I was able to whip up this quick, yet impressive dessert, in only a few minutes after my son called and said he was bringing home his college roommates. It's been a family favorite ever since. —Ellen Riley, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 16 to 32 plain doughnut holes
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 2-1/2 cups whipped topping; set aside.
- Place half of doughnut holes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl; spread half of pudding mixture over the top. Top with half of strawberries and blueberries. Repeat layers. Top with remaining whipped topping. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 250 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Berry-Mallow Layered Dessert in TOH Live Spring 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.