Chocolate and Fruit Trifle
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Crumble enough cake to measure 8 cups; set aside. (Save remaining cake for another use.)
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, water and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for two minutes or until soft-set. Fold in the whipped cream.
- To assemble, spread 2-1/2 cups pudding mixture in a 4-qt. glass bowl. Top with half of the crumbled cake; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon orange juice. Arrange half of the berries and kiwi over cake.
- Repeat pudding and cake layers; sprinkle with remaining orange juice. Top with remaining pudding mixture. Spoon remaining fruit around edge of bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nov 13, 2015
I've been making this for a few years and it has been declared my sons birthday dessert as well as one of our yearly Cmas desserts! Imagine my disappointment to learn I lost the magazine with this recipe in it...so relieved to find it available here as my family would pretty sad
Feb 6, 2014
I've made this several times with blueberries instead of kiwifruit and have been declared a superstar everytime. Tastes sinfully great and looks awesome. Great for kids and adults as well.
Aug 10, 2013
I have made this trifle for a family Christmas dinner and everyone loved it.
Jan 10, 2013
My best friend made this trifle at a dinner party at her house Christmas Eve. Everyone including myself loved it. I decided to make this myself over the holiday for two different locations and once again everyone not only loved the taste but they raved over how pretty it looked.
Aug 15, 2012
I've made this a few times for family get togethers and everyone loved it. This recipe is a keeper. :)
Nov 1, 2010
This is a hit every time I make it!
Apr 17, 2009
Absolutely DELICIOUS! I used rasperries, blueberries and strawberries. Everyone loved it and made me promise to make it again! Which I will definatly do =)
Apr 11, 2009
I hosted a Table at my Church's Women's Tea for Moms. My Mom and I are allergic to most flowers, so I decided to make this for our Center Peice. Everyone LOVED it! It was Delicious!
Feb 15, 2009
This is a delicious dessert! I used white chocolate pudding for variation and added blueberries and blackberries. Fantastic!