Angel Berry Trifle
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 2 prepared angel food cakes (8 ounces each), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- Whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand until soft-set, about 2 minutes more. Meanwhile, beat yogurt, cream cheese, sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Fold in pudding mixture and 1 cup whipped topping.
- Place one-third of cake cubes in a 4-qt. trifle bowl. Top with one-third of pudding mixture, one-third of berries and half of remaining whipped topping. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining cake, pudding and berries. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 209 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 29, 2017
Absolutely delicious. It had such a light and fluffy taste to it. Will definitely make again.
Jan 27, 2017
Delicious. Made this for my children when they were young and now making it for their children already in college. Sometimes they want me to substitute cherry pie filling for the fruit.
Jun 3, 2016
It was a hit at the party at work, today! But, one suggestion, double the recipe for all but the cake and fruit. I was finding the pudding blend and the whipped topping were sparse when I got to the top layer, so I ended up using a 2nd tub of Cool Whip at the top. Was still deeee-lish!
Sep 14, 2015
Have been making this for a while now and it is excellent. Very easy to prepare and a delicious finish to a casual dinner.
May 25, 2015
A very easy, light and crowd-pleasing dessert!
May 18, 2014
I attended a luncheon today where the hostess served this delicious trifle for dessert. She showed us the recipe and commented on how easy it was. Everyone loved it and I plan to make this luscious dessert soon. Absolutely wonderful!
Mar 16, 2014
Quick, easy and delicious!!!
Nov 8, 2013
All time favorite
Aug 13, 2013
I made this trifle for my husband's retirement party. Several guests watch their sugar and calorie intake so a light dessert was in order. I used fresh sliced strawberries and blueberries. My bowl would not accommodate all the layers but it was easy enough to adjust accordingly. There were two other desserts available but the trifle was completely cleaned out. What a delicious, light summer treat!
Jul 8, 2013
The angel berry trifle is absolutely delicious! We enjoyed it for the fourth of July and I was tempted to eat the whole bowl--but of course, I didn't. :)