Lemon Custard Cake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or strawberry pie filling
- Tear angel food cake into bite-size pieces. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. pan. In a bowl, combine the pudding mix, milk and sour cream. Beat until thickened, about 2 minutes. Spread over cake. Spoon pie filling on top. Chill until serving time.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 143 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
May 17, 2014
definitely eye catching in parfait glasses with whipped cream on top and colorful my picky father who complains about everything couldn't stop eating it. might try blueberry pie filling next time
Feb 26, 2013
If I make make this anyone can!! No cooking involved. The only thing I changed was I used fresh fruit instead of pie filling.
Apr 6, 2012
I made this for the first time years ago, when it first came out in Taste of Home. It is MARVELOUS!!! I made it with blueberry & cherry filling to make a flag design for the 4 th of July. Beautiful & delicious!!!! :-)
Jul 24, 2010
Made my own strawberry filling and topped it with whipped cream..yummy...............
Apr 25, 2010
Easy, and I use either strawberry or raspberry pie filling. My family requests it often, but especially at Christmas time!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.