Lemon-Raspberry Streusel Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Set aside 1 cup batter.
- Spread remaining batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Combine cream cheese and lemon curd; spoon over batter. In a small bowl, beat jam; stir in raspberries. Drop by tablespoonfuls over lemon mixture. Drop reserved batter by tablespoonfuls over top.
- For streusel, in a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and almonds. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 282 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 16, 2014
Can't wait to try it
Jul 15, 2014
Lemon curd can be found at any World Market store. Can't wait to try this recipe.
Jul 15, 2014
I've never heard of lemon curd...where do you get it or how do you make it?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.