Chocolate Lime Dessert
The pretty pale green color of this refreshing lime gelatin dessert is perfect for a St. Patrick's Day party, but don't be surprised when your family requests it year-round!
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- Pots o' Gold
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1-1/2 hours. In a bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter; press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Set aside.
- Beat gelatin with an electric mixer until foamy. Add the lime and lemon juices. Gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved. While beating, slowly add the milk; mix well. Pour over prepared crust. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with Pots o' Gold if desired.
Originally published as Chocolate Lime Dessert in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.