Lime Pudding Cakes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime or lemon peel
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add the flour, salt, lime juice and peel; mix well. Beat in egg yolks and milk until smooth. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into batter.
- Pour into six ungreased 6-oz. custard cups. Place cups in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and top is golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 324 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 27, 2020
Jul 28, 2014
Awesome flavour, quite tart so that you know that it is lime. I baked it in a casserole dish that holds 6 cups of water nicely, as I did not have the ramekins. It came out just a nicely.
May 12, 2012
Very good. You get to have both cake and pudding in the same dessert. I used 8 (4 oz.) ramekins. Made with a Mexican dish