Frozen Lime Cake
Block parties, cookouts or anytime you need a supercool dessert, we’ve got just the thing. The crust is a snap, and the ice cream and sherbet layers are delish. Everyone loves this! —Kathy Gillogly, Sun City, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 3/4 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 15 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 pints pineapple-coconut or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 pints lime sherbet, softened
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, combine almonds, cookies and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. square pan. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Spread ice cream over crust. Cover and freeze at least 30 minutes. Top with sherbet. Cover and freeze 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish servings with whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without whipped topping): 499 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Oct 27, 2014
Jul 14, 2012
Served this to my church group on a hot summer evening and they said "it's a keeper". I'm loving every bite of the leftovers. Serves more than 9 if you don't cut huge pieces.