Frozen Lime Cake
Block parties, cookouts or anytime you need a supercool dessert, we’ve got just the thing. The crust is a snap, and the ice cream and sherbet layers are delish. Everyone loves this! —Kathy Gillogly, Sun City, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 3/4 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 15 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 pints pineapple-coconut or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 pints lime sherbet, softened
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, combine almonds, cookies and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. square pan. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Spread ice cream over crust. Cover and freeze at least 30 minutes. Top with sherbet. Cover and freeze 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish servings with whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without whipped topping): 499 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Frozen Key Lime Cake in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012
Oct 27, 2014
Jul 14, 2012
Served this to my church group on a hot summer evening and they said "it's a keeper". I'm loving every bite of the leftovers. Serves more than 9 if you don't cut huge pieces.