Frozen Key Lime Delight
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Key lime juice
- 3 teaspoons grated Key lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Whipped cream and Key lime slices
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour, cashews, coconut and brown sugar. Stir in butter. Sprinkle into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cream, milk, lime juice, zest and vanilla. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Sprinkle half the cashew mixture into an ungreased 11x7-in. dish. Spread ice cream over top; sprinkle with remaining cashew mixture. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Garnish servings with whipped cream and lime slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without garnishes): 672 calories, 46g fat (27g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 11, 2017
This is a really good dessert. I loved he crunch of the sweet crumble with the tangy lime filling. I did use Nellie and Joe's key lime juice, and omitted the zest due to an allergy. I will be making this again!!
Mar 20, 2017
This dessert is sublime. I substituted bottle key lime juice for the fresh and it was still divine. Highly recommend.
Aug 16, 2016
I can't believe this recipe has no reviews. If I could give it ten out of five stars I would. You know, it takes forever to zest and squeeze a cup's worth of key limes. I had to rearrange my entire overstuffed freezer to make room for a 13"x9" dish. It was all worth it. Highly, highly recommended! Thank you for this recipe! And yes; it's worth all 670 calories.