Refrigerator Lime Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 32 soft ladyfingers, split
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup lime juice, chilled
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberry and lime slices, optional
- Arrange 20 split ladyfingers around the edges and 12 split ladyfingers on the bottom of an ungreased 8-in. springform pan; set aside. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold lime juice; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in melted chocolate, lime zest and gelatin mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Remove sides of pan. If desired, serve with strawberry and lime slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 408 calories, 25g fat (16g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 25, 2016
We were able to produce a cake that looked just like the picture made according to the recipe as written! This cake looked adorable and was very tasty with a slightly lime flavor - enough to tell it is lime but not an "in your face" lime . While we really enjoyed the cake as made according to the recipe, we will make changes the next time we make the cake: 1) We couldn't taste the white chocolate and really can't see a need for it. Next time, we will omit the white chocolate. 2) The taste and texture of cream cheese is really strong even with the addition of whipped cream. Next time, instead of 2 pkgs of cream cheese, we will mix 8 oz. cream cheese with sour cream or yogurt and mascarpone to equal 16 oz. of cheese. 3) We will immediately dredge the candied lime slices in extra fine granulated sugar rather than wait until they have cooled. This recipe is definitely a keeper. Thank you!
Jun 2, 2015
This cheesecake is great. I have a hard time finding ladyfingers, so I use almond cookies.
Jun 16, 2013
I made this for fathers day dinner and we all really liked it. I didn't put the limes on top but it was still very pretty and yummy!
Jun 21, 2011
I made this cake for a Ladies Brunch and everyone liked it.In the center I placed 1 slice of lime surrounded by slices of strawberries,it looked like a flower.It is pretty to look at and delicious.I will be making it again.
Jun 17, 2011
Not a rating because I haven't tried it yet. Sounds good though. How about candying the lime slices? You would still get the benefit of the pretty garnish but with a more pleasing taste.
Jun 17, 2011
The cake was fine, but the lime slices on top had to be removed prior to slicing. They looked pretty thou one could not expect to be eating a sour piece of lime (since you listed them as optional). Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.
Jun 17, 2011
I have had this recipe for a long time. It is a great recipe and does not take long to make. I have made this with dream whip or cool whip and it still tastes great. For the decorations on top I take a few strawberries dipped in white chocolate and leave the green tops on with a couple of twisted lemon slices. Looks terrific as well as tastes great. This recipe is a old Kraft recipe.
Jul 6, 2010
My wife used shortbread cookies and made this into mini cheesecake tarts instead of a traditional cheesecake. It worked great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.