Coconut-Lemon Ice Cream Cake
My family loves this lemon ice cream cake anytime, but it's especially refreshing on a hot summer day. The sweet cream of coconut and tart lemon juice make a delicious combo, and the streusel adds a nice crunch. —Janet Gill, Canton, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 package (11.2 ounces) shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Optional: Fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
- Reserve 10 cookies for decoration. Crush remaining cookies; transfer to a bowl. Stir in coconut, macadamia nuts and lemon zest. Reserve 2 tablespoons crumb mixture for topping. In a large bowl, whisk cream of coconut and lemon juice until combined. Stir in softened ice cream until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Sprinkle 1 cup crumb mixture onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Top with half the ice cream mixture. Layer with remaining 1 cup crumbs and ice cream mixture. Place reserved whole cookies around edge of pan. Top with remaining 2-1/2 cups whipped topping; sprinkle with reserved 2 tablespoons crumb mixture. Freeze, covered, until firm, at least 8 hours or overnight. If desired, serve with berries.