Pineapple-Coconut Angel Food Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pineapple or orange extract
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pineapple and coconut extract. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. For topping, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and pineapple extract until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Frost top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with coconut.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 178 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit.
Apr 24, 2015
Wonderful recipe. I will omit the coconut flakes though as I hate coconut flakes. I will put slices of strawberries on top. Great summer dessert.
Jan 3, 2015
This is my "go to" cake! All my women friends love it as do my kids! Easy, quick and yummy!
May 31, 2011
yes turn out perfect!
May 31, 2011
turn out perfect...use low wide mold for cake!
Apr 3, 2010
I followed this recipe exactly and it fell in the middle. I will not make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.