Sunshine Coconut Pineapple Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. If necessary, add enough water to juice to measure 3/4 cup. Add oil mixture and pineapple juice mixture to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in pineapple.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large , beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake; sprinkle with coconut if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteThis recipe does not use eggs.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 447 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 15, 2012
This is one of the few recipes that I will continue to make over and over again. It is simple and quick to make, and always comes out moist. I absolutely love it! Thank you for sharing!