Sunshine Coconut Pineapple Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. If necessary, add enough water to juice to measure 3/4 cup. Add oil mixture and pineapple juice mixture to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in pineapple.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large , beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake; sprinkle with coconut if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteThis recipe does not use eggs.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 447 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 15, 2012
This is one of the few recipes that I will continue to make over and over again. It is simple and quick to make, and always comes out moist. I absolutely love it! Thank you for sharing!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.