Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Beat in oranges until blended. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine pineapple and dry pudding mix; fold in whipped topping. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 7, 2017
This has been a family favorite for years. So moist and delicious. If you are looking for a great easy cake, this is the one.
Aug 20, 2017
I love this cake.......I have been making it for years, I know I got the recipe from one of my TOH cookbooks, (I have MANY).......it is wonderful on a hot summer day! The citrus taste is so cooling. FYI, I always make it in a 13X9 pan.
Dec 11, 2015
DO NOT MAKE PUDDING. add mix dry. This is such a good cake.
Oct 19, 2014
Do you make pudding then add or just add dry pudding
Aug 24, 2014
This was delicious and so easy to make. Everyone loved how fruity and light it was. I will definitely be making it again. I think I'll try it with mango next time!
Jun 3, 2014
I made this and I cant get the pudding rightAre you supposed to add milk or just the dry pudding powder with the pineapples and whip.I made the pudding with the milk and pineapples first but its too watery. Help please
May 4, 2014
This recipe is a favorite of mine now. My daughter made it for a family gathering and I love it. She made it in a 9 X 13 pan and added sliced almonds to the top and maraschino cherries down the middle. Either way it is moist and tasty with a light yummy frosting!
Dec 18, 2013
My mother has been making this classic dessert for years. The first time I followed the recipe exactly as written. The second time I prepared it according the measurements of my mom's recipe. Smaller can of pineapple and it is not drained. Also, used only one tub of cool whip. Both are great but you will get more of the delightful frosting following ToH version. Highly recomend!
Apr 2, 2013
I made this for Easter and everyone said it was amazing! I made mine in a bundt pan. They were asking for the recipe.
Jan 16, 2012
I love this for pineapple delicious amazing wow