Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and baking soda. Combine eggs and pineapple; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator.
1 piece: 386 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.