Easy Pineapple Coconut Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Stir in pineapple. Spread over cake. Prepare whipped topping mix according to package directions; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in 1 cup whipped topping. Fold in remaining topping. Spread over pudding. Sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 23, 2019
absolutely amazing. beautiful cake for any occasion.
Jan 24, 2016
My husband made it for our wedding anniversary. It might have been his first cake ever, but it turned out great. Easy to make yet very tasty. Difficult to stop eating it !!!!
Jan 6, 2016
Super good cake! Keeping for future occasions!
Mar 27, 2013
Im gonna try to bake this one.
Jun 3, 2012
Dec 8, 2011
I made this for a coworker's birthday last year and he requested it again this year. I have made it many time in between too. Everyone just loves this cake!!
Jun 3, 2011
I made this recipe for the adults at my daughter's Birthday party, and it was a hit. Have since made it again. It hits the spot on a hot day, nice and light.
Jun 13, 2010
This cake was easy, very delicious and we all loved it! The only thing I did different was that I used lemon pudding instead of vanilla. Can't wait to make it again!
Apr 13, 2010
This is a very refreshing cake. Not too tropical, but nice hints with the coconut. Not extremely light, but pairs well with a lighter meal.
Jan 1, 2010
This recipe deserves 5-stars but I have no idea how to fix this online. But this cake recipe by far is one of the best and easy cakes to make. My husband constantly begs me to make it. Light and fluffy. I used fat-free cream cheese in place of regular and still tastes great!