Easy Coconut Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Confectioners' sugar and additional coconut, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Beat in flour just until combined; fold in 1/2 cup coconut.
- Coat an 8-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray; dust with flour. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and additional coconut if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 650 calories, 35g fat (22g saturated fat), 187mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Sep 15, 2014
Fantastic! I have made both the mini- and the full-sized versions. Doubling this recipe means it fits perfectly into a regular-sized Bundt pan. Of course, I use only real butter.
Feb 20, 2012
<p>I actually doubled this recipe but still put it in one large bundt pan, because this is a pound cake and does not really rise the batter all fit well; however, it required about 1 hr 20 min to bake all the way through. This was moist and delicious. To bump up the coconut flavour even further and finish the cake off properly I drizzled a simple coconut glaze over it, made from 1 c icing sugar, 1/4 t coconut extract, and a few T of milk until the glaze is the pouring consistency you want...</p>
Jul 21, 2011
I make this cake all the time. It is awesome and so easy. I leave the coconut out most of the time just because my family does not like coconut but it is delicious either way!
Aug 26, 2009
Have made this cake twice. Doubled the recipe both times and gave one to my neighbor the first time and the second time I made individual bundt cakes and gave to several people. Was a big success! I did make two changes. I changed the vanilla to coconut extract and add a glaze made with powdered sugar, coconut extract and water. YUMMY!
Apr 15, 2009
Great! Everyone, including my "picky husband" loved it. CJG in Florence,SC
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.