Pineapple Pudding Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 20 maraschino cherries, well drained
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; pour into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pudding mixture until blended. Spread evenly over cake. Sprinkle with pineapple; spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with walnuts and garnish with cherries. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 131 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 31, 2019
We’ve made this cake four times now. Did it three times with pineapple and once with strawberries. The only change we made was, using one 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple, we used half of the can in place of water in the cake mix and the other half on top of the pudding mixture. It’s been a huge hit at three parties with no leftovers!
Jan 8, 2018
Made this recipe as the recipe stated and my family loved it! I will make this again.
Feb 19, 2016
Made it as written, turned out great. Will make again
Jan 14, 2016
Awesome awesome awesome it was so easy turned out really good can't wait to make it again. I changed two things I used French vanilla cake mix and half cup of silk vanilla soy creamer cause I ran out of fat free milk it came out great enjoy.
Oct 5, 2015
Made this last week for the first time. It is addictive!! I used regular cake mix and coconut cream pudding. I toasted coconut to top with walnuts and cherries. looks sooo good. I made one tonite using chocolate cake and vanilla pudding. Haven't tasted that yet but will rate that as well. This cake tastes as good as it looks. Thank you for sharing!
Sep 2, 2015
Great easy recipe
Mar 9, 2015
Easy to make. Very light and refreshing. Made for dinner party and everyone like it--even seconds for some. Would definitely make again. I put shaved almonds on top and they tasted good on it.
Feb 17, 2015
I make a cake like this except I use two 20 oz cans crushed pineapple I use the juice in place of water for the cake. I bake the cake then when it's cooling I take an 8oz cream cheese (soften) cut into chunks & 1 cup milk beat it till its pretty well broke up then add vanilla or french vanilla instant pudding(4oz) to the milk & cream cheese & beat till thickened.You will have some little lumps in pudding but it doesn't matter. Spread this on the cooled cake then put your crushed pineapple all over the top of pudding mixture then I put 8oz cool whip & top that with bakers angel flake coconut so good. :-)
Nov 19, 2014
Scrumptious cake!!! I didn't put nuts.
Nov 17, 2014
very nice recipe and cake