- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pitted tart red cherries, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in syrup, undrained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Whipped cream, optional
- Spread cherries and pineapple with juice over the bottom of an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Top with nuts. Sprinkle dry cake mix over all. Pour butter evenly over cake mix.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool. Invert onto a serving plate. Cut into squares. Top with whipped cream if desired.
1 piece: 268 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.