Pineapple Rice Pudding
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maraschino cherries and fresh mint, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the rice and pineapple; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold into rice mixture. Cover and chill until serving. Garnish with cherries and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 406 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 11, 2018
I love rice pudding,yummy
Aug 14, 2011
I love this recipe..we make it anytime we need a quick dessert..mom always made it with the cherries and some cherry juice mixed in also...
Apr 13, 2011
Tasted good, but I think it needs either more rice or less pineapple.Served 4 at our house.Forgot to drain the pineapple; turned out fine though. Used 1 cup whipped topping instead of whipping the cream; still added the sugar and vanilla though.
Feb 24, 2011
This was easy and fast. Delicious. May change the fruit.
Feb 21, 2011
My mohter made this and called it "Glorified Rice", which was a treat for our family too. Mom added cherries (cut in quarters) along with the pineapple. Yummy.
Sep 1, 2010
This recipe is very good. I have same recipe from my mother, except it calls for 1/4 cup sugar and dream whip.